All dogs are special – therapy dogs are unique. If you believe in the healing power of dogs, have a love of animals, compassion for others, or face a disability that might be mitigated by a trained dog, this workshop is a must! Topics include:
- Gain an understanding of the therapy and working dog industry
- Learn terminology and current laws and regulations
- Enhance your opportunities to travel with or gain access to facilities with your dog
- Determine if you and your pet have the temperament to pass agency evaluations
- Prepare for the therapy dog’s behavioral tests and handler tests at the least cost
- Be invited to visit various facilities, such as airports, hospitals, courtrooms, schools, employment worksites, community policing, and disaster events
- Locate dog-training resources in your area
- Receive help from our ongoing post-class support for registering your dog
Concise, informative presentations combined with student questions and answer sessions make this workshop dynamic. Included is a comprehensive therapy handler resource guide with more than 70 valuable website links.
NOTE: ONLINE COURSE
- Login information provided prior to the start of course.
- Requires free download of Zoom Client for Meetings
. If not installed, please do so before course begins.